Hidden fastening system that provides a secure face-fastened connection with precision cut plugs made from actual decking and cladding materials. Installation is a two-step process utilizing a setting tool, screws and plugs. All components must be used together as instructed to ensure proper function.
- Plugs are for 1″ nominal (or greater) material and available in all leading deck and cladding brands
- Available in Kits (screws, plugs and tool) and Inventory Management (system components sold separately)
- Patented PVC/Composite Tool with Auto-Stop™ sets screw to the correct depth without stripping screw recess
- Free spinning stop collar on setting tool prevents damage to the board surface
- Screws feature a Type 17 auger tip for faster, easier insertion and to help prevent splitting
Follow all decking and cladding manufacturer instructions, including specifications for screw spacing, edge/end distances, and gapping. Predrilling is recommended for all composite deck boards. Predrill a 3/16″ pilot hole through the decking material only; not the joist.
- Fit setting tool with application specific driver bit, marked “DECK”.
- Drive the screw with the PVC/Composite Tool using a standard drill on high speed.
- Do not use impact driver with setting tool.
- The setting tool’s Auto-Stop™ mechanism will make a “pop” sound when the screw is set to the correct depth. (Do not hesitate or slow down while driving.)
- Insert plug into hole and tap with a smooth-faced hammer until the plug is flush with board.